Tearful Mom Crawls Into Hospital Bed With 22-Year-Old Son. Shares Painful Truth About What Killed Him

By: Varvara Budetti/Liftable Parents should never have to bury their children. Unfortunately, it’s something that happens much too often.

One Calgary mother is grieving the loss of her 22-year-old son. She cannot save him, but she hopes her heartbreaking story will help to save others.

In a gut-wrenching post on Facebook, Sherri Kent shared a picture of herself lying next to her dying son. “My son was not an addict he made a mistake that cost him his life,” she wrote below.

“I just want everyone to know that my son Michael overdosed on fentanyl,” Kent shared. “I just want to make everyone aware of the epidemic that’s going on right now that’s killing 5-7 people a day in every city in Canada.”

I just want everyone to know that my son Michael overdosed on fentanyl . My son was not an addict he made a mistake that…

Posted by Sherri Kent on Wednesday, April 19, 2017

She pleaded with others to share her post and educate their children about the dangers of drug use. “Please share this with your family and friends to help prevent another tragedy,” she pleaded.

It only took her son one time to die from an overdose. Kent spoke about the tragedy with CBC News.

Her son was approached by a man selling the drug as “some really strong heroin.” At first, he declined but then decided to take his offer.

The two men took the drugs in the bathroom, but when Kent’s son started feeling unwell, the other left him. He was too scared to check up on him and instead sent workers from the store to do it.

They called the paramedics, but it was too late. “By the time the ambulance got there he was in cardiac arrest,” Kent said.

“They made me a spot on the [hospital] bed where I could lay with my son and talk to him,” she said. “This is where I told him I was still proud of him.”

It is little consolation, but her plea has been answered. Her post has now been shared over a hundred thousand times.

Hopefully, the amount of traction the post is getting is enough to prevent at least one person from touching Fentanyl or any other opioid. Kent’s story should serve as a lesson to everyone.

Cosmic Scientist / Report a typo

The Cosmic Scientist inspires people to open their minds up to a broader view of reality. Examination of information and news both on and off planet Earth is the focus of study here, and this is done by creating awareness and shedding light on a number of different topics. The Cosmic Scientist encourages and inspires all beings to follow their heart, and make positive changes in their own life and on their home planet.